Evaluation Leads to Growth
Hi. How are you? Or, more importantly, how are you doing in your faith? When was the last time you had a check-in? I know all too well that life comes at us 100 miles an hour, and if you are anything like me, you get distracted or complacent. But, even if you don’t, it is still essential to evaluate yourself every so often. So, here are some questions you can ask yourself to make sure you are running at top performance in the spiritual department and making the most of every opportunity in these evil days!
- Am I seeking the Lord first in all my decisions and praying for wisdom and discernment?
- Am I spending quiet time listening for God’s still small voice?
- Am I acting out of my emotions or taking my burdens to the Lord?
- Am I following God’s rules that are clear in the bible?
- When conflict arises, am I listening carefully and thinking through my response?
- Am I prioritizing my time with God?
- What do my answers to the questions above suggest to me?
- Where do I need to grow and what is my first step?
When I was teaching girl’s bible class, we had self-evaluations every so often, and I can see how much they help us see problem areas and places where we are doing well. So, I will ask you again, How are you doing?